Saturday, December 28, 2013

Prophetic Art

     This picture was taken about three years ago during a church conference. I was asked to do prophetic art during the worship at the beginning.
     Prophetic art is one of my favorite forms of painting. For those of you who don't know what it is, it is a form of worship. It allows me to express my love and passion for Jesus Christ. As I have mentioned before, art allows me to express myself....Well prophetic art allows me to express the Lord. Sometimes during worship, I get distinct pictures/images in my head. So in the moment, I either create a sketch of it or I paint it. After worship when the painting is finished I usually give it to one of the people who are there. It's amazing being able to tell someone that the painting was created for them; being able to explain to them the meaning behind the piece.
     The most exciting part, however, is hearing their story. Every single time I have given someone a painting, I get to hear their story of how my picture relates to their life. It's this beautiful moment where I get to see a complete stranger's passion and heart. I get to build a relationship with them and share the love of God, reminding them that they are a gift and a treasure. Every picture means a new and unique experience with the person I get to share it with, which is why it is one of my favorite forms of art and worship.
   Blessings,
       Anniegirl

Photo credit goes to my older brother, Jordan Tunstill, who is a phenomenal photographer!

No comments:

Post a Comment