Tuesday, December 10, 2013

"Identity"

 
"Identity" - I am Annie. I am powerfully and wonderfully made. I will stand out in a crowd because I am not like anyone else. Once you meet me, you will never forget me. I will love you fiercely because that is how I have been loved. I am not scared and I do not answer to fear. The Lord is my shepherd. I strive for the best and usually get it. I laugh a lot, get used to it, there's enough to go around. I am a champion. Blessed beyond measure. I am Annie.

      I love this painting. Vaguely based off of a cover picture I saw from the show Wicked, I created something way more personal and special to me. Throughout my life I have constantly struggled with identity. Coming from a family full of love and adoration this is something that took me by surprise. However, instead of letting it rule my life I have allowed it to help me become the strong person I am today. Because of that, I am growing more confident in who I am, every day. No longer trying to fit in, I have instead decided to be the real me in every aspect of my life.
      This painting stands for identity. Although you cannot read the words printed on the face, it says, "I am wonderfully and powerfully made". There is much power found in that. Often times you hear the typical speech about how everyone is special and unique. But how many of us actually believe it? 
      Art museums are filled with beautiful paintings, sculptures, and designs. Each one is different and each one is significant in a different sort of way. Set out on display, the paintings are open for anyone to come and see. Artists willingly put their art on display in an attempt to share their life work with the world. Would you ever walk up to a famous artist and tell them that their art was ugly? If you were to have a conversation with da Vinci, would you tell him that the Mona Lisa was flawed? Well that is what people do daily. God created each of us differently, just like every piece of art you would see in a museum. When you compare yourself to those around you, or fear what people might think of your appearance, you are also judging the artwork of God. So, I encourage you to be you. The wonderfully amazing, beautifully created, and shinging masterpiece of the Lord. Oh and don't forget, you are fiercely loved.
    Blessings,
        Anniegirl

2 comments:

  1. All your painting are amazing but his is my favorite. I love you AnnieGirl. To the moon and back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is obviously convicting. There's a big world out there, I hope you get to see it. Don't confuse the easy choices with your character. I look forward to more writing.

    ReplyDelete