Monday, December 9, 2013

"Tiger Eye"


      I created this piece during spring break (2013). I was handed down the canvas from my grandmother who had recently blessed me with a replenishing of my art supplies. Which was extremely helpful seeing as I was entering the rationing phase of my ever-decreasing acrylics supply. It took me two weeks to settle on an idea and I repainted the canvas at least three times in the process. This was quite frustrating so I took a break for a few days and gave it some much needed space.  Instead, I allowed my focus to be on smaller things, like my sketch book, for example. One day I began to doodle an eye which turned into a growing picture with patterns and designs. After much deliberation, I decided this was exactly what I wanted to put on the huge blank canvas that was slowly beginning to collect dust. It took me all day to paint but it was well worth it.
      What I love about this painting, is its originality. It wasn't based off of anything I might have seen on the internet. It was solely created by my imagination. Also, after finishing it, I realized that it could be whatever you wanted it to be. I showed it to many of my friends and family and asked them what they saw and each one of them it differently.
      I see it as a tiger's eye. A tiger is such a beautiful animal. The pattern of its fur is magnificent and I enjoyed recreating it. The clouds above it, to me, represent its freedom to fly and be free.

What do you see?
Also,There are a few things that are hidden throughout the picture. Can you find them?

    Blessings,
        Anniegirl

1 comment:

  1. I love it, Annie!!! It's amazing! There was just something about that canvas...it left me totally blocked. I'm so glad you stuck with it and didn't let the size of it be daunting. I'm so honored to be mentioned in your blog. It makes me so happy that you love art the way I do. I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete