Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Inspiration

     I did this painting about a year ago, based off of a few pieces I had seen in the past. You might have seen this design before and I think that is what makes this piece so cool. Artists in any "genre"are inspired by something. The best artists are the ones who are willing to learn from those around them.
     When I was little (still in the "Coloring Books/ Color by Number" phase) I always got mad when my little buddies would copy my drawings. Which is ironic seeing as we were drawing out of coloring books. For the longest time, I didn't like that people were using my ideas. However, as time went on and I got older, I began to realize something. Every artist bases their ideas off of something or someone. It's how we learn and grow.
     The painting shown below is my reminder that IT'S OK. It's ok to base your ideas off of someone else. To be proud of something that might not have necessarily been completely original or completely yours. A wise person once told me that as long as you paint with a purpose and make it your own, there is nothing to fear.




1 comment:

  1. More than the sum of it's parts. The imitation is a color used to create, the complexity, the beauty - that's all your own.

    ReplyDelete